On April 20th 2022, Vingroup signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement with the UK‘s leading education system Brighton College to establish Brighton College Vietnam.
Brighton College Vietnam at Vinhomes Ocean Park, Hanoi is now open for admissions for the 2023-2024 academic year from grade 1 to grade 10 (pupils from 5 to 16 years old). This is the first campus to be established under the partnership between Vingroup and Brighton College, an UK's top private school with nearly 200 years of history.
We are looking for talents for a variety of positions at the school.
Work location: Brighton College Vietnam - Vinhomes Ocean Park Urban Area - Da Ton Commune - Gia Lam District - Hanoi
I. JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide timely and effective technical assistance to all Design Technology Department staff, supporting them in achieving the aims and objectives of the Department and College, by maintaining and organising tools and equipment, organising and preparing materials, making, preparing and updating resources, organising and storing students' work and supporting lessons as required. To ensure that all rooms have a sufficient stock of appropriate materials and are fit for purpose practically and with regards to health and safety. The Technician is an essential member of the Design and Technology Department, who works closely with all Department staff and is integral to its smooth running.
Design Technology Technician usually work as part of a team with teachers, teaching assistants and other support staff. They also play a crucial role in supporting and improvement of pupils' learning experience. They can also support Science, IT and Design & Technology teachers by preparing equipment and materials and helping them in practical lessons.
- Provide assistance to teaching staff in the preparation and delivery of lessons;
- Prepare materials and equipment aids in accordance with directions from the class teachers;
- Be responsible for preparing equipment, resources and materials for practical classes and working with pupils on a one-to-one basis or in small groups;
- Ensure that the equipment is in a serviceable condition, undertake minor repairs (where suitably trained) and recommend outsourced repairs or replacements where necessary;
- Monitor the return and safe storage of equipment and materials.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Design and Technology; thorough knowledge of and passion for design and technology;
- Good command of English;
- Experience of working as a Design Technology Technician, preferably within a school setting;
- Experience of working with pupils in an educational setting;
- Knowledge and experience of Design and Technology;
- Knowledge and experience of using 3D and 2D CAD software;
- Ability to use specialized Design and Technology equipment, such as bandsaws, sanders, table saw, laser cutter, CNC routers etc.;
- Good level of competency in using IT applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides;
- Ability to use initiatives, self-motivate, and work proactively and independently;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels and pupils.
- Negotiable, competitive salary;
- Insurance plans according to the law and a separate Vingroup health insurance package;
- Discounts and incentives when using Vingroup's products and services.;
- Opportunity to work in a professional, dynamic and challenging international education environment;
- Chances to learn and grow by working with the world's leading educators.
- Free annual health check-ups at Vinmec International Hospital;
- Work time: Monday through Friday; Saturday and Sunday off; summer breaks, winter breaks and other holidays according to the policy.
Brighton College Vietnam places safeguarding of its pupils as its highest priority and as such references will be taken up before interviews and the successful applicant will be subject to appropriate qualification checks and police checks as to their suitability to work with children. Appropriate safeguarding and safer recruitment questions will form part of the selection process.