1 dead from botulism in Ho Chi Minh City

May 25, 2023

A 45-year-old man died this week from botulism poisoning despite receiving treatment from doctors at Gia Dinh People’s Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City. The deceased, a resident of Thu Duc City under Ho Chi Minh City, was one of three recent patients poisoned with botulism, including two siblings who are recieving treatment at Cho Ray Hospital in the same city. The man contracted botulism, a serious illness caused by clostridium botulinum, after eating fermented fish on May 13. The shipment arrived in Ho Chi Minh City from Switzerland on Wednesday. In mid-May, three siblings contracted botulism after eating cha lua in Ho Chi Minh City as well.

The source of this news is from Tuoi Tre News

Featured Jobs