2 hospitalized in northern Vietnam after eating purple steamed sticky rice

August 09, 2023

The Lang Son General Hospital in the namesake province in northern Vietnam has admitted two patients suffering yellow skin and eyes after eating purple steamed sticky rice. The purple color of the steamed sticky rice was from wild grass, according to their family members. All the four people in the family developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating the dish. Dr. Nguyen Thanh Do from the intensive care unit of the hospital said that the two patients had red urine, as well as yellow skin and eyes. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

The source of this news is from Tuoi Tre News