57 workers at Taiwanese firm in Vietnam’s Quang Ninh hospitalized for suspected gas poisoning

February 22, 2024

A suspected gas poisoning occurred at Taiwanese-owned Vega Balls (Vietnam) Company Limited in the Dong Mai Industrial Park in northern Vietnam’s Quang Ninh Province on Wednesday, causing 57 workers to be hospitalized for emergency treatment, local authorities reported. The suspected poisoning occurred at 9:30 am on Wednesday and was first noticed after workers began complaining of fatigue, nausea, and difficulty breathing difficulty. The gas was believed to have been generated by a faulty air compressor, according to the administration of the province’s Quang Yen Town, where the industrial park is located. After being given treatment and care, the workers were gradually able to recover but needed to be further monitored, authorities said. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Taiwan’s Yuan Chi Group, Vega Balls (Vietnam) Company Limited has about 500 employees and specializes in manufacturing fitness and sports equipment.

The source of this news is from Tuoi Tre News