9 hospitalized after eating raw blood soup in north-central Vietnam

August 25, 2023

Nine people, including two children, in Son Linh Commune, Huong Son District under the north-central Vietnamese province of Ha Tinh were rushed to hospital on Thursday after they ate calf blood soup. Calf blood soup, or tiet canh be in Vietnamese, is a dish made out of the raw blood of a calf and topped with peanuts and herbs. Tran Phi Long, vice-chairman of the Son Linh Commune People’s Committee, said on Friday that the nine hospitalized individuals had suffered food poisoning. At noon on Thursday, some residents in the commune’s Village 2 ate calf blood soup bought in another locality. They were then taken to the Huong Son District Healthcare Center for emergency.

The source of this news is from Tuoi Tre News